Day One- We were getting ready to go to Bear Lake and my dad had backed up his truck to the garage so we could load stuff in the back. Kaiden wanted to get into the drivers side and drive so I let him in and unlocked the doors so he wouldn't lock himself in.(And of course the truck was not running) So anyway my dad was in the bed of the truck tying stuff down and I was in my car taking out Kaidens car seat and all the sudden I look up and there goes the truck rolling down the drive way and I yell "Dad" and he's yelling "Oh shit". My dad jumped out of the back and ran to open the driver door as so did I and Kaiden had locked the doors. So my dad was trying to stop the truck holding on to the side mirror while I ran around to the other side and jumped in the back were the door had been left open. My dad had got the truck stopped in the middle of the circle before I got to the driver side. Kaiden is just smiling and saying "Drive". I don't know how he pulled the lever into neutral. Our vehicles won't let you pull the lever unless they are on. I think my dad and I just about had a heart attack. Thank goodness no one or object was in front of the truck. Oh and I think I learned a lesson to.
Same Day- So we get up to Bear Lake and I'm sitting by the fire place and I said "Mom what is Kaiden doing?" And she looked over and he had got out the coffee pot and coffee and dumped the coffee into the pot and missed half of it and it was all over the floor. My mom said Kaiden what are you doing and he said Make Coffee. I don't know about making coffee, but he sure did make a big mess!!
Day Two- We got home from Bear Lake and Mike was in our room talking to his dad with Kaiden in the room. All of the sudden I hear once again "Oh Shit" and a boom. I go running in our room and Kaiden had pulled out the bottom of our nightstand and decided to stand in it and it tipped over. Luckily the bottom drawer caught and stopped it from falling all the way on him. The bad thing was the picture frames that were on my dresser fell and hit him in the head and there was broken glass in his hair and all over the floor. He didn't have a scratch on him thank goodness. All he kept saying was fall.
Today- So today I'm in the kitchen cleaning and he likes to climb on the couch and up on our counter. That is exactly what he did and I said Kaiden get down your going to fall. I went around the counter to get him and I'm sure you guessed it, he fell. He cried for awhile but amazingly after all he's done, he doesn't have a scratch to show for it. We are very thankful for that.
I am hoping tomorrow and forever (yeah right) nothing else will happen. It's been a rough couple of days. I keep hoping these things will pass soon and that Oh Shit won't be in his vocabulary since we seem to use it a lot lately.




5 comments:
Ah ha ha! Sorry, but it really is funny. That would have been funny to watch your dad try and stop the truck. I am just glad that my car wasn't in the circle at the time. I hate to say, 3 is harder than 2, but also more fun. Just wait until another one comes in the mix (I am still waiting for that positive report especially since you were just in Hawaii). Don't worry about the cursing, but from my experience, they usually don't use the special words unless they hear mom say them. I will have to tell you the f*ing cookie story some time. Not one of my proudest moments. Tabasco sauce = bad word juice. A little dab on your finger that goes on their tongue and the special words go away - for now.
-- you totally have to hear the f*ing cookie story - it's a classic -- Menace or not, the kid is a CUTE little guy! Good thing you have it written down to tell him about later!:)
Hahaha this is so funny I love him. If it makes you feel better my cousin did the same thing, except...he ran the car (escalade) into a house down the street!
I think we are seriously going to have to write a Seth and Kaiden adventure story followed up by a parents survival issue. I can't believe what these two little guys do and then as you said, thankfully are not hurt and no one else is hurt. We are definitely blessed.
cute blog! I'll blog-stalk you now:)
and I'll send you an invite to mine.
Post a Comment