Since this week has been so terrible with rain, I have had to find some fun things to do indoors. Who would of thought we would have to turn on our heater and pull out our winter clothes in the middle of June?
Monday morning I went golfing with my neighbors across the street and took Kaiden. He loved driving the cart and chasing the baby ducks down the fairway. He was so good for me. Mike couldn't believe I took him golfing.
Tuesday we went to my grandparents house and painted. What I thought would take me three hours ended up taking seven. It was my first time faux painting. Mike dropped Kaiden off the last 2 hours that I was there and he was really good. He didn't touch the walls but he did stick his hand in the paint can a few times.
Wednesday I decided to teach Kaiden how to make banana nut bread. We had a few bananas that were to ripe so I thought he would have fun baking. He dumped all the ingredients in the bowl for me and I helped him with the beaters. After we put the dough in the pans he wanted to eat the leftovers but mom wouldn't let him. To many raw eggs! The bread turned out really good.
Thursday Mike and I took Kaiden to Backyard Adventures. He had a blast! He jumped on the tramps, swung on the swings, played on the slides and in the little play huts. He went around this rock wall that was supposed to be connected to a play house and bumped into it and it fell. Barely missed landing on top of him. All the workers ran over to us to see if he was ok. They said someone was supposed to fix it and didn't. That was a little scary.
Today we went and visited my grandma in rehab. She just had her knee operated on. When we got there it was time for her to go to therapy so Kaiden and I went with her. We played the Wii bowling game. That was fun. Then they took us outside and we seen the flowers and gardens that the patients have planted. They let Kaiden pick the strawberries. He thought that was pretty cool and boy did he love to eat them! Then it was time to leave and he cried because he didn't want to leave and he wanted grandma to come with us. He cries when we go there because he doesn't want to be there and cries when we leave because he doesn't want to leave.
Then we headed to Maceys to buy stuff to make a birthday cake for Mike. This is my first time baking a cake. I love to cook but hate to bake. So I am just waiting for him to wake up so we can start on Daddy's cake!




1 comment:
Looks like you found fun things to do. I am the same I like to cook but HATE to bake.
Post a Comment