Sunday, March 7, 2010

YAY!!!! NO MORE MIMI"S

Yes, we finally got rid of Kaidens mimi (Binky). I never thought that day would come. In order for him to take a nap or sleep at night he had to have it. Oh, and also in the car. If he didn't have it, he would throw a fit. Thursday night he bit the tip of one of them off so I told him he had to throw it away. I gave him another one and told him it was his last one and he didn't have anymore left. Friday morning we were in the car and he asked for it and my mom gave it to him and told him not to bite it because he didn't have anymore left. Well, he did bite the tip of it and my mom had him through it away. He tried to fix it, but it didn't work. He wouldn't take a nap Friday because he didn't have it. I thought great, this next week is going to be terrible. But it actually hasn't been to bad. He's only asked for it when he takes a nap and goes to bed and we tell him he broke them so we had to throw them all away. That is all it takes and he goes to sleep. I am glad we didn't cut him off cold turkey. I am glad we had a reason and he understands! We tell him he is a big boy and big boy's don't need mimi's.

2 comments:

Jason and Megan said...

Horray Kaiden! Giving up the mimi is a big deal. He is getting to be such a big kid.

The Lloyds said...

Oh im so not looking forward to getting rid of Braxtons binki he has it at nap time and bed time and im so scared to take it away!! Glad to hear its going good I hope its the same for us as well....