Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New York Trip




















What a blast!! My grandma takes all the grandkids that graduate to New York for their graduation gift. I had a cousin that graduated last year and 2 cousins plus my sister Carly that are graduating next year. So my grandma thought she would just take them all in April. And of course I always invite myself because it's honestly my favorite place to go. My grandma took me their for the first time when I graduated and I loved it so much I've been back 6 times since. My grandma wasn't able to come at the last minute but I told her I would get her back there next June since my husband will be sending me there for my 30th birthday. He just doesn't know yet!!!
When we got there the ride from the airport to the hotel was a hoot!! There was 14 of us and only 4 of us have been there before. So the other 10 didn't know how people drive in NY. It was so funny to see there face's. I posted a few pictures of that.
We had so much fun. It was funny to see all the reactions from my cousins when we got to time square. They couldn't believe how crazy busy it is there.
The night we arrived we went and ate at the Star Dust diner. It's decorated in the 50's and all the waiters and waitresses sing. It's a fun place to go eat at. Then we walked over to the Empire State Building. It is fun to see the whole city at night. On Thursday everyone but Mindy and I went to the Statue Of Liberty. That took up much of their day. Mindy and I shopped the whole day in Time Square. Everytime Mike called I was shopping. He said aren't you sick of it and I said that is what I came here to do. That night some of the crew went and seen Lion King while the rest of us ate pizza and shopped. Then we came back to our room and made posters for the Today show.
My cousin had me up Friday at 5:00a.m. to go stand in line for it. It was all worth it because we were on TV. They stood right in front of us and did there broadcast. My dad, grandparents and a few other family members seen us. Meredeth walked right up to my cousins and I and shook our hand. Later that day we took the bus down to Little Italy and had lunch, went to China Town and then right to Canal St. We got some killer deals on purses.
On Saturday we went down and seen St. Patrick's Cathedral. We also shopped on 5th Ave. and went for a carriage ride through Central Park. We had tickets to see Wicked at 2:00 and can I say AMAZING! I have been to alot of Broadway shows and I think Wicked is my favorite.
On Sunday we did some last minute shopping before we had to pack up to leave. And of course with the shopping gene that runs in my family, my mom sisters and I had to run across the street at the last minute to buy another suitcase. We had to open our suitcases in the lobby of the hotel and shove stuff in the new one. Yes, we are crazy. If I have to buy one more suitcase on a vacation, Mike is not going to let me go anymore!!
When we got back into Salt Lake, we were all going down the escalator and Mike, Kaiden, Mindy's family, and my grandparents were down at the bottom waiting for us. It was so nice to be home. I was glad we at least had one picture with the grandkids and my grandma in it since she was the one that had paid for their trip.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Carly is graduating next year - that makes me feel so old! How fun! I have never been to NYC. I am not a fan of crowded places. You are so funny though - I had no idea you were such a shopper!!!

Buckeye Nut said...

Do you think Grandma will let me tag along again the next time. hee hee. I won't have someone graduating again for a very loooonnnngg time. I had so much fun with you guys! Thanks a ton!! Love ya.

The Oldroyd's said...

No fair!!! Just teasing looks like fun. I have only been there once and it was a long time ago. I really want to go again. Well I agree with the shopping thing, so fun!