Monday, June 29, 2009

Road to Recovery

Corey and his girlfriend Tarah

Finally after one week my brother is on the road to recovery! For those of you who don't know, he was in a bad ATV accident on Fathers Day. Yes, I can honestly say it was one of the worst days of my life. Mike and I were on our way back from Bear Lake Fathers Day morning when I received a call from my mom saying Corey was in a bad ATV accident and they were transporting him from the Nephi Hospital to the IHC in Murray. That was all she knew. I think my heart had just sank. I have a problem with thinking the worst when things like this happen.
He was at the Sand Dunes partying with friends and decided to ride his friends four-wheeler at 3:00 am when it's dark and didn't see a cliff and flew right off it. He landed on his back with the four-wheeler landing on top of him. When his friends went down to get him, he wasn't breathing. They pulled 3 hand fulls of sand out of his mouth and nose. He then started breathing. To make a long story short, he cracked his eye socket, hyper extended both thumbs, fractured his feet, stretched every mussel in his neck as far as it would possible stretch and cracked his spine.
I am just thankful that he's ok. I told him he has a very special guardian angel watching after him because it could have been alot worse. I love my brother so much and I hope this has taught him a lesson.
I usually don't take pictures of people when they are in the hospital, but I did this time because I told him when I'm 80 and in a nursing home he bettter come visit me and feed my just like I did with him!!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I was going to ask my parents when I was there yesterday if they heard anything, but didn't because they are so clueless when it comes to the neighbors ;) I am glad he is okay. I think you are right about the guardian angel!!!

Buckeye Nut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buckeye Nut said...

OMG Angie, I am so glad that you posted this. Josh went to see him in the hospital but I hadn't heard any updates since. We also didn't get to go to Grandpa's on the 26th due to my Brownie sleepover. That crazy kid, I'm so glad that his guardian angel was keeping an eye on him and I'm thrilled that he is ok and on the mend!! Luv you guys tons!!