Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sick little boy

On Wednesday afternoon I could tell Kaiden didn't feel good. You could see it in his eyes. He acted normal but moms always know when their kids are getting sick. On Thursday he felt warm and my mom had called me to see how he was feeling. I told her he was running a little fever and he took a early nap. She said that there was a virus going around with kids getting cold sores in their mouth, then getting a fever and really bad sore throat with a headache. Last Sunday, Kaiden kept telling us his mouth hurt and when we looked in it he had three cold sores. We just thought it was from all the chocolate he ate over the weekend. So I thought maybe that was the virus he was getting. My mom said the doctors couldn't give them anything since it was a virus. Thursday night he went to sleep and he started breathing really hard and had a cough that sounded like a barking noise. He ran a fever and whined all night and the raspy noise he made when he was breathing scared Mike and I. He also lost his voice. So I took him into the doctor yesterday and they said he had the croup. They gave him a steroid to loosen up his lungs and make the swelling go down. He said he should get his voice back today and instead of the barking cough it should sound more like a wet cough. All he did yesterday was lay in bed with me. It was so sad and he still sounded horrible.
Today he has some what of his voice back and his cough sounds a little better. He has also been more active today. I think he's on the path of feeling better!

No comments: